We’re not at the Dayton Hamvention this week due to numerous conflicting priorities. I’ve decided to get into the spirit of things, though, and offer some Dayton specials! Check the web site for reduced prices on most items. The specials are good through the weekend – OR until I run out, in a few cases.
I’ve also added the new UKA-3+ to the list of products available assembled. For a few dollars extra you can have your UKA-3+ shipped to you ready to plug in and start using right away! Please allow a few extra days for shipping on this and other assembled products — they’re built a few at a time to meet demand.
I’m happy to announce that I have the new and improved UKA-3 kits in stock. I have a batch of cabinets on order and will have those ready to ship later in the week, so if you order one now with the cabinet it may be a few days before it ships.
The new kits have all I/O connections on the back of the box, and the power switch, power indicator and activity indicator on the front. Two output options are available. The standard option uses a 400v optically isolated solid state relay, rated for up to 400V at up to 240 mA. That’s enough for nearly all Amateur equipment.
The optional heavy duty relay option uses a different relay — also solid state, optically isolated, but this one is rated for operation up to 800V. Current with no heat sink is rated at 750 mA; with a heat sink it can handle up to 1.8A. I don’t supply heatsinks so if you need that much output power, you’ll need to work up your own enclosure and heat sink.
You can place your order at any time; kits are in stock now and cabinets will be ready mid-week.
Good news for people who have been waiting for the UKA-3: It’s coming back! I have a few prototype boards and should have kits ready some time in mid to late May. The revised kit will use the same 1/8″ (3.5mm) stereo jack as the new UKA-2 for both the high and low input signals. This makes it easy to use either or both inputs — adapters with RCA jacks are commonly available at Radio Shack or other electronics stores. It also lets me move all of the connectors to the rear of the UKA-3 cabinet, leaving just the switch and LEDs on the front for a cleaner installation.
I’ll also be offering at least two output options with the new UKA-3. The standard output will be a low current (300 mA or so) solid-state relay. I’ll offer one or more optional relays with higher load current and/or voltage capabilities. I don’t have all of the details finalized yet, but will shortly. Watch the UKA-3 product page for details.
I’m happy to announce that we’ve begun some limited testing of the new ID-O-Matic III, which will be replacing the ID-O-Matic II kit soon.
The ID-O-Matic III is the same size and shape as the existing kit, but adds a number of new features. The most obvious is the new USB interface replacing the older . . . → Read More: ID-O-Matic III Announcement
Back by popular demand, I have a few new and improved UKA-2 kits — and will have more soon.
The new kit is the same size and shape as the older one. The biggest change is the new input arrangement, Rather than two RCA inputs, there’s a 3.5mm stereo jack. Sleeve is ground, tip is . . . → Read More: The new UKA-2 is available to order!
I delayed this a few days so no one would think anything is an April fool’s joke.
Early last week I received a packet of prototype circuit boards and did some soldering. I can now say with a fair degree of certainty that a couple of things will be happening in April:
I will . . . → Read More: April HamGadgets News
This one is very late coming, but it’s been pretty busy here!
I was out of PicoKeyer kits for a while back in February due to delays in getting the PIC chips from suppliers. I’m back up and running now, with kits ready to ship and all backorders caught up. Along the way, I did . . . → Read More: March HamGadgets News
Lots of things going on at HamGadgets lately!
I’m continuing to work on the new repeater controller. I expect to have a couple of prototypes out for testing some time this month, after doing a little further debugging. The one I’ve been using here for testing and development is working quite well, though I’ve identified . . . → Read More: It was a busy January!
Beginning some time in January, I will be making some changes to how I run HamGadgets. As you may or may not know, this is a one-man show. I am the design engineer, the software developer, the parts guy, the kit packager, the order processor, the shipping clerk, the support guy, the machinist, the web . . . → Read More: Changes coming…
Friday: I’m excited… parts will be here this afternoon, so guess what my weekend looks like!
The first proto board
Saturday: I was up until 2 AM playing with it, so I’m dragging this morning. Everything went together smoothly, with only a few minor changes noted for the production boards. Basic functions are working . . . → Read More: New proto boards arrived (updated!)