Today I posted the documentation for the ID-O-Matic II, built the first unit using a production PCB, and finished the last few tweaks to the firmware. I’ll be bagging kits this weekend to start shipping Monday. Pictures of the assembled kit and a link to the documentation in PDF format are now available on the web site.
I managed to fix a couple of firmware issues that had been bugging me, mostly centered around the new PWM audio and code speed. I now have everything working well, though I did have to lower the upper limit on audio frequency to 2500 Hz. The original ID-O-Matic would allow audio tones up to 5 kHz, but that was the result of a request for a special application. I believe the vast majority of users will be perfectly happy with an audio range of 250-2500 Hz. I also discovered a couple of minor errors on the PCB that will be corrected in the future with Rev. B. Only one requires cutting a trace and running one wire, and that is only needed for those keying handheld transceivers. The other is a silkscreen marking error on the board.