I have made some changes to the ID-O-Matic II manual. The new manual is dated 2/20/2011, and can be downloaded from the Documentation & Manuals page. Some of the changes include:
- Added section to document receiver audio muting (supported in firmware 3.2)
- Added section on reducing CWID audio levels
- Minor component changes in new kits
- Corrected schematic diagram
- Added parts placement diagram
- Updated troubleshooting section
I have been shipping kits with firmware version 3.2 for a couple of weeks now. The only change is a tweak to allow using one of the extra pads on the board for audio muting in setups where receiver audio in a repeater is taken from the discriminator. This enables a simple, 1-wire modification to mute receiver audio when the COR signal is not active. I’m also changing the de-emphasis circuit slightly in newer kits just to optimize the parts list.
The new manual will serve equally well for all kits running firmware 3.0 or higher, and using PCB revision B. Only the brief audio muting section does not apply to older kits. If you want to add audio muting to your existing ID-O-Matic II, a firmware upgrade to V3.2 will enable the modification.