Today I am releasing firmware version 1.30 for the MasterKeyer MK-1. This release adds or changes a few features, and fixes a number of minor issues discovered from earlier releases including several Winkeyer emulation bugs. I have also updated and improved the manual. Installation is quick and easy, so I recommending upgrading your MK-1 to this release at your earliest convenience. If you are running any Beta release, please update to the new release version. You can download the ZIP file containing the new manual, firmware update file, and installation instructions by clicking this link.
- The /L message command now sends the last call sign sent from the paddles. The keyer will recognize most Amateur call signs sent from the paddles and save the most recent. If the MYCALL parameter is set, the keyer saves only “other” calls (not your own).
- Buttons 1 & 5 force saving a call sign from last word sent (good for special event call signs, etc)
- The paddle timing (T setting) range is now 1-15 instead of 1-7. Most ops won’t need to use this setting.
- Messages displayed on the screen during editing (E command from terminal mode) are enclosed in quotes, making it easier to see leading/trailing spaces.
- Menu cleaned up, TC command fixed
- Keyer sends correct hyphen character to PC for _…._
- Backspacing issue when editing a message from the PC terminal interface is fixed
- Speed changes set in messages were not canceling when the message terminated.
- Straight key sensing now uses polling instead of an interrupt, which seemed to have been susceptible to environmental factors.
- WinKey buffer clear command was not terminating a character in progress, now terminates immediately at the end of the element being sent, if any.
- WinKey dot/dash priority bits now honored in Umatic mode
- WinKey autospace could result in double spacing between characters
- Fixed WinKey commands 0×12 (set paddle switchpoint) and 0×17 (set ratio), SD de EI5Di now works
- Minor tweak to contest spacing – was 1/2 element short
- Y X command would not clear the saved MYCALL setting
- Auto letter space works without Farnsworth
- Stacking messages could terminate MYCALL early
- If firmware is downgraded from 1.30 to an earlier version, you should manually set T to 0-7 before downgrading.
- Early PCB versions (FCC stamp on bottom of case or missing) may require a reset after upgrading.