BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
ORDER NOW to be one of the first to receive your kit when new boards arrive!
We expect to ship by February 10, 2018
This listing is for the KIT version
Available in BUILT also, see our other listings
World's most popular keyer? With thousands sold, it's quite possible!
NOTE: Optional cabinet is only available with UNCUT end panels for YOU to drill to fit the controls and connectors. The PKPlus is mostly intended for you to integrate into your radio or mount on your paddle. If you want a complete keyer with case see our Ultra Pico Keyer with pre-cut end panels available in 7 colors!
This keyer has all of the features of the original PicoKeyer - and then some! The newest Version 4.6 firmware adds a number of new features, including the ability to set the speed control upper and lower limits, auto-resume for pauses in stored messages, instant access to messages 2, 3 and 4 and more. The header and solder pads for external power, controls and outputs are still there, if you choose to build it without the on-board battery or need to build it into some other project. Parts are included for a Zener voltage regulator if you choose to go that route -- though the on board coin cell battery will last at least a couple of years of normal use!
The PicoKeyer Plus complete kit contains everything you need to build a stand-alone Morse code memory keyer and code practice oscillator with speed control. You can put it in a nice looking plastic box (available as an option, see below), build it into your next homebrew rig, or even retrofit it into your favorite commercial rig! At under 1.3" x 2", you can stuff this tiny board into some pretty tight spots. The latest PicoKeyer chip and all the parts you need are included, along with a high quality double-sided printed circuit board with plated-through holes and silkscreened component outlines. The setup/memory button and speed control are mounted on one end of the board, and the RIG and KEY jacks are on the other.
Code practice oscillator?? Yep! Since the PicoKeyer Kit includes a small on-board speaker and works with single or dual lever paddles and straight keys, you can use yours as a code practice oscillator to learn Morse with a straight key - or to learn to use a paddle or "squeeze" keyer if you want! You can even use "bug mode" to simulate a semi-automatic key and master this mode as well. Of course the on-board speaker is pretty small, so don't expect to use it in a noisy environment without a little extra help or some headphones. You can always add an audio amp and larger speaker if you need to.
The PicoKeyer is an advanced, super low power iambic keyer with a long list of standard features.
Here are the main features of the PicoKeyer Kit:
- NEW - header connector makes it easier to build into your own gear or a custom cabinet!
- NEW - Includes voltage regulator components for optional external DC power!
- Low voltage operation - from 2.5 to 5.25VDC
- Ultra low current operation - typical sleep current well under 0.1µA, only 1-2mA when keying. A single lithium coin cell can last many months, or a couple of years depending on use.
- Low parts count for quick, hassle-free assembly. Most builders with some experience report the average time to assemble is about 15 minutes. Figure under an hour even for beginners.
- PCB-mounted, 1/8" (3.5mm) jacks for your key and rig
- PCB-mounted speed control potentiometer
- On board lithium coin cell battery (included) and battery holder
- On board speaker for sidetone
- Dual 2N7000 keying output MOSFETs for solid-state rigs and some tube gear, handles up to 60 V positive or negative.
- Simple one-button "menu" setup
- Setup and message entry using your paddle
- Dot and dash memories for easy code with perfect timing and spacing
- Works equally well with single-lever or dual-lever keys using iambic "squeeze" or non-iambic keying
- Dual Speed feature - Speed is adjustable from 5 to 60WPM from the menu. You can use the speed control pot to adjust from 5 to 63 WPM, and instantly revert to the stored speed at any time!
- Speed control range (min/max) can be set to your preference
- Variable pitch audio sidetone can be turned OFF or ON
- MCW mode uses the keying output as PTT to send audio Morse code over voice radios - now you can practice Morse on the air with your friends using your 2M or 70cm FM.
- Adjustable weight
- Selectable iambic Mode A or Mode B as well as Ultimatic mode
- Hands-free Tuneup mode lets you select a steady carrier or 50% duty cycle dits
- Beacon mode allows repeating messages with user-specified delay up to 99 seconds
- Straight key autodetect - plug in a straight key and cycle power, and the keyer will automatically use straight key mode with all memories available!
- Message pause - insert a pause to manually send RST or other information in the middle of a saved message.
- Four message memories hold up to 60 characters each, and can be chained together in any order to make up to a 240 character message. Message #1 can be set to auto-start when power is applied, great for propagation beacons.
- QSO/serial number can be inserted in a message, auto-incremented and decremented. You can set or reset the QSO number from the setup menu. Counts up to 65536, which should be enough for the biggest contests.
- Optional leading zeros can be sent for QSO numbers less than 3 digits.
- Cut numbers can be selected for QSO numbers in stored messages. Zeros, nines, both or neither can be selected.
- Transmitter QSK delay compensation - Lengthen elements by a preset number of milliseconds to correct for transmitters that tend to shorten dits and dahs in QSK mode.
- Paddle switching - effortlessly select left or right handed operation without switching wires or turning the key upside down
- NO BATTERY BACKUP REQUIRED to retain settings or memory!
- Easy to integrate into new homebrew or kit rigs, or add it to your older equipment.
- "Factory Reset" option to restore all default settings to your PicoKeyer
The PicoKeyer uses FLASH and EEPROM memory to store all settings and message memory, meaning NO backup batteries and NO lost settings.
The PicoKeyer-Plus kit includes the PicoKeyer chip, a high quality solder masked and silkscreened PCB, and all parts needed to build a complete keyer. Most users report that assembly takes around 15 to 30 minutes. Once the simple assembly is finished, the keyer may be mounted in an enclosure using the panel-mount key and radio jacks. Your kit carries a one year warranty. Documentation is available on the Downloads tab on this page in both English and German. Per una traduzione in italiano di IS0ANT, clicca qui.
Clubs and other organizations:
If you are interested in a group purchase or are buying kits for Scout troops, Amateur Radio clubs, schools or other clubs or groups, quantity discounts are available.